6 Essential Wedding Ring Shopping Tips
by Katie Pierce for Preferred Jewelers International™
Congratulations! You're getting married soon, and that means it's time to start thinking about wedding rings. Whether you're looking for something classic or modern, simple or extravagant, choosing the perfect ring can be a daunting task.
But don't worry; we've got you covered. In this article, we'll share essential wedding ring shopping tips to help you make the right decision.
Start Shopping Early
Don't wait until the last minute to start looking for wedding rings. Give yourself plenty of time to browse different options and find the perfect ring that fits your budget and style. Doing so lets you explore different jewelers, materials, and designs without the pressure of a tight deadline.
Planning ahead also helps you avoid the stress of last-minute purchases. Shopping without a plan can result in rushed decisions and compromised quality. This is why we recommend starting your search at least six months before your wedding day, especially if you're considering custom design options or unique materials.
Take your time, and don't rush the process. Remember that your wedding ring is a symbol of your love and commitment, and it's worth the effort to find a ring that you'll cherish for years to come.
Don't dive headfirst into the vast ocean of wedding ring choices without a lifeboat! Researching online can help you stay afloat, find your bearings, and narrow down your options with ease.
Here are some helpful online resources you can use:
● Design Your Own Ring on the Preferred site : We've recently added this feature on the Preferred website where you can actually play and build your own ring with a ton of options to choose from. Once you've got it the way you ❤️ it, just add your zip code and contact info and it will send your design and request to you and the nearest Preferred retailer. Trust and assurance is what shopping at a Preferred Retailer is all about. Plus, it's fun!
● The Knot, WeddingWire, and Brilliant Earth: They offer a trove of resources to help you discover different types of wedding rings. Consult these sites to narrow down your options and make the shopping process more efficient.
● Yelp, Google Reviews, and Better Business Bureau: These sites can provide insight into the quality of a jeweler's work and their reputation in the industry.
● Instagram and Pinterest: These social media platforms are excellent resources for the latest wedding trends. They are image-heavy and chock-full of stunning ring designs that can inspire and guide you in choosing the perfect ring.
Remember to take notes of the rings that catch your eye. Bring your notes with you to the store to help the jeweler understand your preferences. Doing so allows them to guide you toward the best options.
Consider Your Engagement Ring’s Design
If you’re shopping for a wedding ring, then it’s probably not the first time you’ve searched for the best ring for your romantic partner. Take a look at your engagement ring’s design. It’s a good idea to ensure the two rings complement each other.
Whether your wedding ring matches your engagement ring can be a bit subjective, but we have some tips.
● A solitaire engagement ring pairs well with a simple, classic wedding band.
● A halo engagement ring can be complemented by a diamond-studded band.
The key is to try different wedding rings with your engagement ring. See what styles mesh well together and create a cohesive look.
Think of The Future
Fortunately, you will wear your wedding ring for the rest of your life. You might be tempted to go for the latest trend, but you may regret it down the road. What you want is a ring that will remain stylish across generations.
Make sure you choose a wedding ring that reflects your personal style and taste. That way, you’re likely to remain enamored with it throughout your life. Consider your fashion sense, lifestyle, and everyday activities. Do you prefer classic or modern? Whatever you want, there’s an option for you.
Customize Your Ring
Through customization, you can make your wedding ring more personal. It symbolizes your love for your lifelong partner, so you want it to be one-of-a-kind. Below are some tips for customizing your wedding ring:
● Engrave it with a wedding date or special message inside the band.
● Customize the design via jewelers that offer the service.
● Add a birthstone or special metal.
● Go to a jeweler who’s experienced in custom designs.
Customizing your wedding ring adds a personal touch and may even increase its sentimental value. Additionally, it can help you get the perfect ring size for you and your partner. It can be expensive and time-consuming, but it can be well worth it.
Look Into Different Metals
There’s nothing wrong with wedding rings made of traditional metals like gold and platinum. However, it’s worth exploring alternative materials as they can add a personal touch to your ring. Other materials like titanium, tungsten, and ceramic offer a wide range of benefits. These include durability, they are more lightweight, and there are a variety of colors and finishes.
If you do choose a wedding ring made of alternative materials, consider its properties and maintenance requirements. For instance, tungsten is very durable but difficult to resize. Ceramics, on the other hand, are scratch-resistant but tend to be fragile.
Whatever material you choose, be sure to research and ask your Preferred jeweler for advice. Read up about precious metals and other materials to make an informed decision.
Shopping for a wedding ring is one of the most arduous tasks in preparing for your wedding. Sure, you can settle for the prettiest pre-made ring in the first jewelry store, but where’s the effort in that? If you want your wedding ring to truly symbolize your love for your partner, pull out all the stops.